Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Brain Fitness Debrief #9

Again, as my partner is not proficient in grasping this kind of conversation, so we focused more on basic conversation today. I wanted to get a quote that would sum up the book, one that I could put at the end, or at the beginning. To achieve this, I posed big questions to him, centered around his theories about life or big lessons he has learned over the years. At one point, he proclaimed "I'm a happy man." I then asked him: "What makes you happiest?" he replied with "My wife." This just proves that my focus for the second half of the book (his family, and sharing experiences with people he loves) was on point, affirming that I have the right idea about where this book is going. S is a very family-oriented man and the love he has for his wife is inspiring and the main focus in his life, so I was happy to hear that this will in fact be a part of the book that will really resonate with him. We then asked him to give us some advice about life. He told us to "Think about the world around you," and exclaimed that "We are not perfect people, but we do as best we can." This theme exemplifies his personality and these ideas have come up when discussing other facets of his life, such as his career, where he worked with people and travelled the world teaching others how to better do their job. Again, I was happy to hear that a section of this book will also support his ideals. All in all I am confident that what I have thrown together, he will be very happy with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment